But this is the song that I mentioned in class when we were talking about the end of "Killing The Love" and how she was going out and living after the relationship, but was still kind of rememberig it too. It's called American Secrets by Parachute. The dancing image just made me think of the lyric "I'm still dancing alone with the way it was" and I just thought it fit really well. I know the song is really long, but that part is somewhere in the middle if you're interested. I recommend listening to the whole thing just because the lyrics are really amazing though! :)
Thanks for posting this, Katy! I was wondering!
ReplyDeleteFirst thing first, this is the longest song that I have ever heard. Are there two songs in one, because there is a really awkward transition between 3:47 and 3:50? But the song is pretty good. I liked how it goes from electric guitar to piano. However, when he sang with the electric guitar it feels like he still have hope, but when he sings with the piano it felt like he had given up.
ReplyDelete-Lei Yang
Yeah, it took listening to the song lots of times for me to really appreciate the tempo change and length. I do agree with what you said about the instruments changing reflecting his emotions. The lead singer said in an interview that this song was the most personal one for him and took him the longest to write. And I love how the instruments and the story together just make it a great song.
ReplyDelete